This past weekend I went to San Miguel with nine of my best girlfriends. We had the best time and did so much. I was so excited to travel to San Miguel de Allende because I have never been inland in Mexico. It is so different from other places in Mexico, like Cabo, and I loved this experience. The town of San Miguel is so vibrant and loving and we were there for the perfect weekend. This past week the town of San Miguel celebrated Dia de los Muertos (day of the dead). They do this in the best way with parades, fresh flower crowns, costumes, face paint and more. I didn’t do much research on San Miguel because my friend Mabry is already the expert and showed us around town. Everyone in this city is so friendly and we walked everywhere. I definitely learned my lesson this past week and when someone tells you that you only need comfortable walking shoes…you should listen. We walked an average of five miles a day and were in and out of stores, markets and restaurants.
When asked how we spent our time I tried to explain it to everyone in the easiest way possible…..we ate, drank, shopped, walked and laughed. If it doesn’t sound like much, our lunches and dinners lasted an average of three hours and we had plenty of time in between to visit everything from the Parroquia, market, art galleries, and classic San Miguel shops.
There are so many amazing restaurants in San Miguel, but here are a few I definitely want to recommend to you.
- Quince – this is a rooftop that overlooks the Parroquia and is one of the top 10 restaurants in Mexico and has the best mixologist
- Antonio Bistra – amazing view of the city and great food + strong margaritas
- Zumo – amazing and interesting food with beautiful rooftop view
- The Restaurant – yummy and cozy food with great service
- La Unica – get the private room – great food and we somehow went through 10 bottles of wine!
- Roswood Hotel – pre-dinner drinks
Traveling with friends creates the best memories that are some of the most important in life. We are already planning our next trip. And of course, because everyone was dressed sooooo cute, shop our San Miguel looks below! XO